Back-to-back wins for City U18s
The young Saints won their second consecutive game on Monday night, beating Brimsdown Rovers 2-1 in the League Cup.
Showing recent improvement in form, the City boys were cautious for the first 30 minutes against a strong quick and mobile Rovers side.
The Saints took the lead just after the 18 minute mark as Abs Eisa got down the left channel and squared for Levi Gunn to calmly finish from six yards.
Brimsdown then had a sustained period of play in the City half and equalised as City failed to clear a corner.
The lead was short-lived, though, as Danny McCarthy gave City the lead with a superb free-kick into the bottom corner from 25 yards out.
You may also want to watch:
Gunn and Eisa tested the Rovers keeper with fierce drives but the score remained 2-1 to City at the break.
The second half was a tight affair with the Saints having their backs against the wall while occasionally hitting Rovers on the counter attack. It was a great defensive rearguard and showed how much the squad have improved over the last two games.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 7 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 8 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school