Back-to-back home wins has Harpenden Town moving on up
- Credit: Archant
A second consecutive 2-0 home win has propelled Harpenden Town upto third in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
James Ewington got both on Saturday as they beat Hadley and he was on target once on Tuesday night, with Sam James getting the other against Crawley Green.
First team coach Steve Fox said: “We have had two tough games in fours days with really impressive results, two wins, six points and two clean sheets.
“The whole squad is being used and stepping up. We are really looking forward to continuing this form and see where it takes us.”
Ewington’s 59th-minute strike on Tuesday, curling in a free-kick from the edge of the box, was his 33rd in all competitions and 25th in the league this season and has him top in the race for the golden boot.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park on Saturday when they host Wembley.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 6 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 9 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life