Back-to-back home wins has Harpenden Town moving on up
- Credit: Archant
A second consecutive 2-0 home win has propelled Harpenden Town upto third in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division.
James Ewington got both on Saturday as they beat Hadley and he was on target once on Tuesday night, with Sam James getting the other against Crawley Green.
First team coach Steve Fox said: “We have had two tough games in fours days with really impressive results, two wins, six points and two clean sheets.
“The whole squad is being used and stepping up. We are really looking forward to continuing this form and see where it takes us.”
Ewington’s 59th-minute strike on Tuesday, curling in a free-kick from the edge of the box, was his 33rd in all competitions and 25th in the league this season and has him top in the race for the golden boot.
You may also want to watch:
Harpenden are back at Rothamsted Park on Saturday when they host Wembley.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 7 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district