Away win for Blueboys
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One Cranfield United 0 London Colney 3 LONDON Colney continued their good form with a 3-0 win at ninth-placed Cranfield United. The game was a real end to end affair with Greg Shaw firing wide and Ian Cooper having a
Molten Spartan South Midlands Division One
Cranfield United 0 London Colney 3
LONDON Colney continued their good form with a 3-0 win at ninth-placed Cranfield United.
The game was a real end to end affair with Greg Shaw firing wide and Ian Cooper having a shot blocked while at the other end Stuart Reynolds was off target with only Alistair Hill to beat.
You may also want to watch:
A long throw in from Cranfield's Matt Quinn found Paul Stokes at the near post but his header went just over the bar.
The Blueboys broke the deadlock in the 34th minute when Russell Gallagher played a simple ball to Ian Cooper, who held off the challenges of the defenders to fire past Paul Warnecki.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
It was nearly 2-0 when Cooper saw his curling shot tipped onto the crossbar and over by Warnecki. The Blueboys did double their lead five minutes before half time. Danny McCafferty's corner kick was met with a firm header from Shaw giving Warnecki no chance.
Dave Corran's header hit the bar and Cooper's follow-up was deflected wide.
Colney continued to press in the second half with Cooper's lob going over the bar and Lee Benning heading wide.
The Blueboys added a third five minutes from time when Danny Fitzgerald crashed the ball home following Shaw's knock-down.
There was still time for Reynolds to blast wide for Cranfield and Fitzgerald had another shot saved.
Kings Langley 3 London Colney 0It wasn't such good news for London Colney who went down 3-0 away at second placed Kings Langley. Lewis Pritchard opened the scoring for the home side in the 18th minute and the win was sealed with strikes from Gary Clark and Simon Conway.