Awards night brings the curtain down on St Albans City’s season
- Credit: Archant
The end of season award winners for St Albans City were presented at a well-attended evening held at Aldwickbury Golf Club on Sunday.
The event was attended by supporters, management and coaching staff, all of the first-team squad and manager Ian Allinson, who did an excellent job of managing proceedings during the evening.
Junior Morias travelled back from Peterborough United’s away game that afternoon to attend the event and collect the award for the goal of the season - his wonderful strike in the opening minutes of the FA Cup first round match against Carlisle United.
Tom Bender took both the player and players’ player titles while the Junior Saints award went to David Noble.
Young player of the year was Sam Merson while Ben Herd picked up the most assists.
You may also want to watch:
Clubman of the season went to stadium manager and photographer Leigh Page.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team