Awards night brings the curtain down on St Albans City’s season
- Credit: Archant
The end of season award winners for St Albans City were presented at a well-attended evening held at Aldwickbury Golf Club on Sunday.
The event was attended by supporters, management and coaching staff, all of the first-team squad and manager Ian Allinson, who did an excellent job of managing proceedings during the evening.
Junior Morias travelled back from Peterborough United’s away game that afternoon to attend the event and collect the award for the goal of the season - his wonderful strike in the opening minutes of the FA Cup first round match against Carlisle United.
Tom Bender took both the player and players’ player titles while the Junior Saints award went to David Noble.
Young player of the year was Sam Merson while Ben Herd picked up the most assists.
You may also want to watch:
Clubman of the season went to stadium manager and photographer Leigh Page.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans