Awards for young Cents
RUGBY League development officer Shane Rampling handed out awards to the outstanding young players who featured for St Albans Centurions juniors in the London League. Adam Sheerwood-Pierce was named Best Forward for the Under 14s
RUGBY League development officer Shane Rampling handed out awards to the outstanding young players who featured for St Albans Centurions juniors in the London League.
Adam Sheerwood-Pierce was named Best Forward for the Under 14s and Aaron Chandler picked up the award for Best Back. In the Under 12s Ethan Butler took the award for Best Forward and Josh Berry was named Best Back. Aaron Exley and George Gower were also recognised for securing special scholarship awards with Harlequins Rugby League club.
St Albans Centurions junior rugby league team The New Greens Gladiators, won the Under 13s section of the Chiltern League 9-a-Side Tournament which was held at Hemel Hempstead Rugby League Club on Saturday.
The Gladiators team is mainly made up of pupils from St Albans schools Townsend and Beaumont and the squad were runners up in last years Chiltern League.
You may also want to watch:
Teams from St Albans, Hatfield, Hemel Hempstead and Northampton took part in two play off pools with St Albans reaching the final to take on Bennetts End Bulldogs from Hemel.
The outstanding players for The Gladiators were Aaron Exley and Josh Berry, both from Colney Heath, who scored two tries each. Josh added one conversion, making the final score a well deserved 18-4 win to the Gladiators. St Albans Centurions Chairman Tony Bottomley said: "The Under 13s final was played in true sporting style with end to end runs, and free flowing rugby. The Gladiators could attack when they wanted and their tries came about from some real great moves involving many of the team.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly