Athletics: Success for St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were confirmed as winners of Southern League Division Three North after the final fixture at Watford.
Andrew Maher ran the 2,000 metres steeplechase in nine minutes 50 seconds, as Wendy Walsh completed the 3,000m in 11.43.
Paul Adams (16.17) and Graham Smith (16.54) ran the 5,000m, while Gareth Beavis set a new 400m best of 66.7.
Tim Searle won the hilly, off-road Trent Park 10k in 42.13, while Mark Travers (5:35) and Jack Brooks (6:16) ran the Woldingham Trail marathon in the Surrey hills.
Graham Smith (28.11) and Graham Foster (32.14) ran the Veterans five-mile race in Battersea, finishing second in their respective age groups, as Martin Halling (33.30) was third in the M60 group over the same distance in Headington, Oxfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Donna Irwin was not far behind in 37.38, while Jenny Maddocks (43.32) and Clare Stephen (49.22) ran the Chase the Sun 10k in London’s Olympic Park.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared