Athletics: St Albans Striders end year in style
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders saw out 2017 in style at the Buntingford 10 on New Year’s Eve.
A group of 18 took part in the year-end race, with Jonathan Scott finishing eighth in an impressive 58.04.
Doug Hobson set a new best of 1:03, ahead of Tim Searle (1:04) and Richard Evans, who ran a best of 1:06, with Penny Habbick (1:07) the first female member home.
Habbick won the F45 prize and combined with Caroline Baile and Judy Willits for the team honours.
Several Striders took on a New Year’s Day parkrun double at 9am and 10.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Having run at Buntingford a day earlier, Tim and Gemma Searle, Katie Bunting and Linda Cassidy took on Panshanger and St Albans parkruns, as Richard Evans ran Gadebridge and St Albans.
Doug and Claire Hobson ran their 200th and 100th parkruns at St Albans, as Peter Blackaller ran his 50th. Magdalena Petrus ran a new best of 27.10 at St Albans.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant