Athletes from St Albans impress in London Mini Marathon
KARIS Mimms continued her superb run of form when she took to the capital to compete in the Adidas Mini London Marathon on Sunday. Hertfordshire were one of 10 selected counties invited to take part and a strong group from St Albans lined up
KARIS Mimms continued her superb run of form when she took to the capital to compete in the Adidas Mini London Marathon on Sunday.
Hertfordshire were one of 10 selected counties invited to take part and a strong group from St Albans lined up for the county. It was the first time in five years that Hertfordshire had qualified and was a result of their excellent performance in the English Schools Cross Country last year.
This year the Mini Marathon was extended to cover exactly three miles from old Billingsgate Market, giving the athletes of the future the chance to run the final stages of the marathon along the embankment to Big Ben then down Birdcage walk to Buckingham Palace and the Mall.
Karis, sponsored by Payden & Rygel Global Ltd to raise money for Grove House, took sixth place in the Girls 11-12 age group with a time of 18.47 and fellow St Albans athlete Megan Steer finished 18th in 19.21, helping Hertfordshire to fifth County team.
You may also want to watch:
Isobel Thompson took 48th position in the aged 13-14 girls with 19.22 and Kate Barber finished 66th in 19.56 with Anna Mackenzie 70th in 20.19.
Rebekah Gardener was 42nd in the aged 15-17 group in a time of 18.47 and in the boys aged 13-14 James McMurray came in 54th in a time of 17.40. Euan Mackenzie took 51st in the aged 15-17 category in 16.09.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans