Athletes from St Albans impress in London Mini Marathon
KARIS Mimms continued her superb run of form when she took to the capital to compete in the Adidas Mini London Marathon on Sunday. Hertfordshire were one of 10 selected counties invited to take part and a strong group from St Albans lined up
KARIS Mimms continued her superb run of form when she took to the capital to compete in the Adidas Mini London Marathon on Sunday.
Hertfordshire were one of 10 selected counties invited to take part and a strong group from St Albans lined up for the county. It was the first time in five years that Hertfordshire had qualified and was a result of their excellent performance in the English Schools Cross Country last year.
This year the Mini Marathon was extended to cover exactly three miles from old Billingsgate Market, giving the athletes of the future the chance to run the final stages of the marathon along the embankment to Big Ben then down Birdcage walk to Buckingham Palace and the Mall.
Karis, sponsored by Payden & Rygel Global Ltd to raise money for Grove House, took sixth place in the Girls 11-12 age group with a time of 18.47 and fellow St Albans athlete Megan Steer finished 18th in 19.21, helping Hertfordshire to fifth County team.
Isobel Thompson took 48th position in the aged 13-14 girls with 19.22 and Kate Barber finished 66th in 19.56 with Anna Mackenzie 70th in 20.19.
Rebekah Gardener was 42nd in the aged 15-17 group in a time of 18.47 and in the boys aged 13-14 James McMurray came in 54th in a time of 17.40. Euan Mackenzie took 51st in the aged 15-17 category in 16.09.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 4 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 9 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close