Ashwood’s goal seals victory for Heath at Aylesbury United
COLNEY Heath bounced back from their FA Cup exit to secure a 1-0 SSML Premier Division win at Aylesbury United on Wednesday night.
A wet evening at Leighton Town’s ground against Aylesbury saw Heath take an early lead through Kevin Ashwood who controlled a pass from Paul Armstrong and cut his shot across the keeper to score.
Jamie Eames and Ashwood combined a couple of minutes later and Eames won a corner with a deflected shot.
Glenn Draper and Steve Barker combined to keep a shot from ex-QPR man Kevin Gallen out on 22 minutes.
A mistake by the Aylesbury centre back gave Ashwood a chance, but the keeper made a fine save.
You may also want to watch:
Ashwood and Armstrong were combining well and Ashwood went close with another shot after 36 minutes.
After the break Aylesbury hit the bar from a corner on the hour mark with their only real chance in the game.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 8 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 9 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
Ashwood forced the keeper into a fine save on 75 minutes and the Magpies closed the game out for the three points.