Ashwood’s goal seals victory for Heath at Aylesbury United
COLNEY Heath bounced back from their FA Cup exit to secure a 1-0 SSML Premier Division win at Aylesbury United on Wednesday night.
A wet evening at Leighton Town’s ground against Aylesbury saw Heath take an early lead through Kevin Ashwood who controlled a pass from Paul Armstrong and cut his shot across the keeper to score.
Jamie Eames and Ashwood combined a couple of minutes later and Eames won a corner with a deflected shot.
Glenn Draper and Steve Barker combined to keep a shot from ex-QPR man Kevin Gallen out on 22 minutes.
A mistake by the Aylesbury centre back gave Ashwood a chance, but the keeper made a fine save.
You may also want to watch:
Ashwood and Armstrong were combining well and Ashwood went close with another shot after 36 minutes.
After the break Aylesbury hit the bar from a corner on the hour mark with their only real chance in the game.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Ashwood forced the keeper into a fine save on 75 minutes and the Magpies closed the game out for the three points.