Ashwood’s goal seals victory for Heath at Aylesbury United
COLNEY Heath bounced back from their FA Cup exit to secure a 1-0 SSML Premier Division win at Aylesbury United on Wednesday night.
A wet evening at Leighton Town’s ground against Aylesbury saw Heath take an early lead through Kevin Ashwood who controlled a pass from Paul Armstrong and cut his shot across the keeper to score.
Jamie Eames and Ashwood combined a couple of minutes later and Eames won a corner with a deflected shot.
Glenn Draper and Steve Barker combined to keep a shot from ex-QPR man Kevin Gallen out on 22 minutes.
A mistake by the Aylesbury centre back gave Ashwood a chance, but the keeper made a fine save.
Ashwood and Armstrong were combining well and Ashwood went close with another shot after 36 minutes.
After the break Aylesbury hit the bar from a corner on the hour mark with their only real chance in the game.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time
Ashwood forced the keeper into a fine save on 75 minutes and the Magpies closed the game out for the three points.