Ashwood hits brace in Heath Shield success over Hadley
COLNEY Heath hosted Hadley in the Herts Intermediate Shield on Tuesday night and won 3-1.
The Magpies took an early lead after Josh Humbert was fouled just outside the area and Kevin Ashwood curled in a beauty of a free-kick to make it 1-0.
Soon after, Humbert flicked on a long ball and Jamie Eames slammed the ball into the net to put Colney 2-0 up after eight minutes.
Blackman made a tremendous double save on 17 minutes, one from a long range effort and then a reaction save from the rebound to maintain Heath’s lead.
Colney went 3-0 up when Eames twisted and turned past two defenders on the right hand side and delivered a pin point cross for Ashwood to volley his second fine goal of the evening.
You may also want to watch:
Hadley got themselves back into the game as they hit Colney Heath on the break and the centre forward finished well for a 3-1 scoreline.
On Saturday Heath FC made the journey to play Berkhamsted Town suffering from injuries and suspensions to key players as they lost 3-2.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
Berko took the lead early on, but a fantastic volley by Aaron Clarke equalised before half-time.
It was a goal of the season contender from the young forward.
The Magpies took control of the game and went into the lead themselves through Eames, but Berkhamsted fought back to not only equalise with a tremendous overhead kick, but then score the winner with 15 minutes to go and claim the three points.