Arthur crowns fine display as Belstone defeat Royals
GILES Arthur struck the winner as champions Belstone got off to a winning start in the Harrow Sunday Challenge League Premier Division. Away at newly-promoted Ruislip Royals,
Harrow Sunday Challenge League Premier Division
Ruislip Royals 1 Belstone 2
GILES Arthur struck the winner as champions Belstone got off to a winning start in the Harrow Sunday Challenge League Premier Division.
Away at newly-promoted Ruislip Royals, Belstone recalled goalkeeper Rob Blackburne after injury and also added Steve Huckle, Paul Yule and Matt Cole to the squad.
You may also want to watch:
Cole nearly opened the scoring on 10 minutes when he ran clear on goal only to be denied by a fine save.
Blackburne proved the main obstacle for Ruislip as Belstone struggled to contain their quick breaks. From one such move three players beat the offside trap and after Blackburne saved, the rebound was powered home for the Royals to lead.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 3 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
Minutes before the break midfielder John Beschizza tapped home an equaliser after Lee Gorrell met Paul Yule's corner with a thumping header.
The rejuvenated Steve Quinn proved a key figure in the early second half attacks and nearly gave Belstone the lead when he volleyed just over after bamboozling a defender.
Chasing the win, Belstone manager Joe Sheridan introduced subs Rob Wellington, Jason Hiskey and Steve Huckle. The visitors now began to dominate and with five minutes to go Arthur finished off a cross from the hard working Billy Hunter to make it 2-1.
Belstone hung on to the victory in a cagey final few minutes. On Sunday Belstone are at home against South Kilburn.