Arsenal star ready for Women’s European Championship spotlight
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
ST ALBANS and Arsenal ladies’ Jordan Nobbs is hoping to do the nation proud when England kick-off their Women’s European Championships in Sweden on Friday.
The opening games of the tournament saw Denmark hold Sweden to a 1-1 draw, despite the hosts having two second-half penalties, and Italy and Finland play out a goalless draw.
England begin their campaign on Friday as they clash with Spain in Group C.
After that Hope Powell’s side face Russia on Monday (July 15) and France next Thursday (July 18).
England will play all three of their group games in Linköping in southern Sweden.
England were beaten 4-1 by the hosts in their final match before the championships, Ellen White put the Three Lions ahead before Sweden hit back emphatically.
Euro 2013 is 20-year-old Nobbs’ first experience Euro experience with the senior squad, but has made international appearances for the U17, U19 and U20s.
- 1 From St Albans to the Australian outback for The Tourist's Shalom Brune-Franklin in BBC One series
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 4 'Don't touch my hair!' - tackling hair discrimination against black youngsters
- 5 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 6 Property Spotlight: A striking modern apartment in St Albans
- 7 Careers advice for St Albans children in centuries gone by
- 8 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 9 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ian Allinson praises 'unbelievable shift' of St Albans City players against Maidstone