Arsenal star ready for Women’s European Championship spotlight
- Credit: The FA via Getty Images
ST ALBANS and Arsenal ladies’ Jordan Nobbs is hoping to do the nation proud when England kick-off their Women’s European Championships in Sweden on Friday.
The opening games of the tournament saw Denmark hold Sweden to a 1-1 draw, despite the hosts having two second-half penalties, and Italy and Finland play out a goalless draw.
England begin their campaign on Friday as they clash with Spain in Group C.
After that Hope Powell’s side face Russia on Monday (July 15) and France next Thursday (July 18).
England will play all three of their group games in Linköping in southern Sweden.
You may also want to watch:
England were beaten 4-1 by the hosts in their final match before the championships, Ellen White put the Three Lions ahead before Sweden hit back emphatically.
Euro 2013 is 20-year-old Nobbs’ first experience Euro experience with the senior squad, but has made international appearances for the U17, U19 and U20s.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district