Arsenal snap up German international defender
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies have completed the signing of Germany international Josephine Henning.
The 26-year-old defender has spent the past two seasons with Paris Saint-Germain, reaching the Champions League final with the club last year.
Before her spell in France, Henning enjoyed success with FFC Turbine Potsdam and then Wolfsburg in the Frauen-Bundesliga.
She won three Champions League trophies and four Frauen-Bundesliga titles during her time with the two clubs.
Henning has also tasted success at international level. She was part of Germany’s Euro 2013 success and has picked up 26 caps.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Pedro Martinez Losa said: “Josie has enjoyed a fantastic career and brings with her the experience of succeeding at the very highest level for both club and country.
“She has all the attributes of a top defender and we are very pleased to welcome her to Arsenal.”
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
Henning’s signing is the second big name to put oen to paper for Arsenal, coming hot on the heels of the contract extension for London Colney-based Jordan Nobbs.