Arsenal snap up German international defender
- Credit: Archant
Arsenal Ladies have completed the signing of Germany international Josephine Henning.
The 26-year-old defender has spent the past two seasons with Paris Saint-Germain, reaching the Champions League final with the club last year.
Before her spell in France, Henning enjoyed success with FFC Turbine Potsdam and then Wolfsburg in the Frauen-Bundesliga.
She won three Champions League trophies and four Frauen-Bundesliga titles during her time with the two clubs.
Henning has also tasted success at international level. She was part of Germany’s Euro 2013 success and has picked up 26 caps.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Pedro Martinez Losa said: “Josie has enjoyed a fantastic career and brings with her the experience of succeeding at the very highest level for both club and country.
“She has all the attributes of a top defender and we are very pleased to welcome her to Arsenal.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 9 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
Henning’s signing is the second big name to put oen to paper for Arsenal, coming hot on the heels of the contract extension for London Colney-based Jordan Nobbs.