Arsenal links continue to flourish as Merson signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Sam Merson, son of Arsenal legend and Sky Sports pundit Paul, has signed for St Albans City.
Merson joins from Southern Premier League side Redditch United.
The forward started last season at fellow Southern League side Biggleswade Town scoring 15 goals.
He added eight more following his move to Redditch before making the step up to City.
Assistant manager Lee Allinson said: “I’m extremely pleased we have managed to beat a host of other clubs including offers from the Conference North to secure Sam’s signature.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to working with him and seeing him in a Saints shirt next season.”
Merson becomes Saints fifth signing of the summer following the acquisitions of Ian Rees (Biggleswade Town), Shaun Lucien (Wealdstone), James Russell (Boreham Wood) and Ben Herd (Hemel Hempstead Town).
- 1 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
- 2 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 3 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's fastest moving £1m-plus property markets
- 5 Acorns Day Nursery decision revealed by Oaklands College bosses
- 6 Councillors threatening to quit committee say they are being 'muzzled' over alleged fraud
- 7 Harpenden company receives Queen's Award
- 8 'We need your old luggage!' Call for help for Afghan refugees from St Albans charity
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire village of Colney Heath
- 10 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
They join Lee Chappell and Louie Theophanous who are confirmed as returning next year.
However, one player who has left the club is Michael Thalassitis who was confirmed by Margate as signing for them.