Arsenal links continue to flourish as Merson signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Sam Merson, son of Arsenal legend and Sky Sports pundit Paul, has signed for St Albans City.
Merson joins from Southern Premier League side Redditch United.
The forward started last season at fellow Southern League side Biggleswade Town scoring 15 goals.
He added eight more following his move to Redditch before making the step up to City.
Assistant manager Lee Allinson said: “I’m extremely pleased we have managed to beat a host of other clubs including offers from the Conference North to secure Sam’s signature.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to working with him and seeing him in a Saints shirt next season.”
Merson becomes Saints fifth signing of the summer following the acquisitions of Ian Rees (Biggleswade Town), Shaun Lucien (Wealdstone), James Russell (Boreham Wood) and Ben Herd (Hemel Hempstead Town).
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 7 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
They join Lee Chappell and Louie Theophanous who are confirmed as returning next year.
However, one player who has left the club is Michael Thalassitis who was confirmed by Margate as signing for them.