Arsenal links continue to flourish as Merson signs for St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Sam Merson, son of Arsenal legend and Sky Sports pundit Paul, has signed for St Albans City.
Merson joins from Southern Premier League side Redditch United.
The forward started last season at fellow Southern League side Biggleswade Town scoring 15 goals.
He added eight more following his move to Redditch before making the step up to City.
Assistant manager Lee Allinson said: “I’m extremely pleased we have managed to beat a host of other clubs including offers from the Conference North to secure Sam’s signature.
“We look forward to working with him and seeing him in a Saints shirt next season.”
Merson becomes Saints fifth signing of the summer following the acquisitions of Ian Rees (Biggleswade Town), Shaun Lucien (Wealdstone), James Russell (Boreham Wood) and Ben Herd (Hemel Hempstead Town).
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 5 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 6 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 7 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
- 9 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 10 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
They join Lee Chappell and Louie Theophanous who are confirmed as returning next year.
However, one player who has left the club is Michael Thalassitis who was confirmed by Margate as signing for them.