Arsenal FC player to visit Aldwickbury Park Golf Club in Harpenden
FORMER Arsenal and England footballer Paul Merson will be the special guest at Aldwickbury Park Golf Club on Thursday, May 3.
Currently working as a pundit on the popular Sky Sports show Soccer Saturday, Merson will entertain both members and non-members of the club with stories of his glory days at Arsenal and representing England as well as anecdotes involving Tony Adams, George Graham, Arsene Wenger and the time he shared his house with Gazza.
He will also take guests through the amazing story of how he blew �7 million as he battled against alcohol, drug and gambling addictions.
Tickets for the event cost �50, which will include a three-course meal and a round of golf on Aldwickbury Park’s highly acclaimed park course, designed by former Ryder Cup star and BBC commentator Ken Brown. The lowest score of the day will receive a special prize, which will be presented by Merson during the evening event.
Andrew Shewbridge, Aldwickbury Park Golf Club general manager, said: “Anyone who has seen Paul Merson on Soccer Saturday will know how entertaining he is. This is a great opportunity to listen to some great stories and enjoy a first-class three-course meal cooked by our excellent head chef.”
You may also want to watch:
The evening will conclude with a set from stand up comedian Russ Williams, who supported Freddie Starr on his recent nationwide tour.
For further details and to book your tickets visit www.aldwickburyparkgolfclub.com.
- 1 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 2 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 9 Green light given to new hospital project
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street