Arsenal choose Harvesters as mascots
- Credit: Archant
Nineteen girls from Harvesters were the first club from St Albans to be mascots, guards of honour and ball girls at Arsenal Ladies FC.
The U10, U11, U14 and U15 girls saw Arsenal win 2-0 in extra time in a cup semi-final against Notts County.
Harvesters welfare officer and U12s girls manager Gaye Lloyd said: “The girls from Harvesters had a fantastic day. They met all the Arsenal players and TV presenter Helen Skelton. They worked hard throughout the match, taking their ball girl responsibilities very seriously.
“The staff from Arsenal were great with us and we’d like to say thank you to them and we look forward to our development partnership with them.”
Harvesters U11 North won 3-0 away to Maccabi White. The goal scorers were Luke Gibbard, Joe Ashton and Joe O’Hare.
U11 South got their season off to a great start with a 13-0 victory against Tring Tornadoes in the Country Cup with goals from William Robinson (four), Barnaby Donoghue (three), Adam Nash (two), Joe-Joe Colman, Oliver Gauthier, Adam Guilder and James Heppenstall.
U11 East opened their league campaign with an 8-0 win at home to Bushey and Oxhey Wolves. Cameron Wilson, Joseph Kilpatrick and Boniface Kwambe scored a goal apiece, Niall Watson added a brace to the tally and Flynn Cairns debuted with a hat-trick.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
U12 South started the season in fine style, winning 6-1 against Omonia White. Tom Cox was MOM and goals came from Corey Rodriguez, Sam Gardiner and Ollie Rushbrooke.
U13 South progressed to the second round of the County Cup with a 14-0 win over Kings Langley Ospreys. Goals were scored by Nathan Thornton (three), Harry Ruane (four), Shai Coombs (three), Edward Cleaver, Cameron Appleyard, Nick Swan and Jo Boyle.
U14 North moved into the second round of the County Cup, defeating Harpenden Colts Cougars 6-0 with goals from Amir Berchil, Harry Floyd, Joe Chott and a hat-trick from Lee Birch.
A confident start to the season gave U16 South a 5-2 win over Croxley Green Reds with Aaron Jacobs scoring two on his debut for the club, Sean Walsh two and Euan Wattley one.
Harvesters U14 girls won their first silverware of the season in the Bengeo Tigers pre-season, 11-a-side tournament after narrowly being beaten in the cup final by a strong Denham side 1-0.