Arrows fly high as Harpenden enjoy good Herts championship
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows Running Club enjoyed a good day out at the Hertfordshire County Cross Country Championships.
Held at Verulamium Park in St Albans the Arrows were represented by a number of teams and also had plenty volunteering and supporting.
Louise Maikovsky ran for the U20 women in a very strong field and held on for 13th in the challenging 6km race.
A team of seven took part in the senior women event over an 8km course.
And they were rewarded with seventh overall having been led home by Laura Hicks who crossed the line just inside the top 10.
Karen Wilkins finished 30th.
For the Senior Men Arrows a 12km run awaited but the two teams still managed to come home in 11th and 16th respectively.
- 1 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 6 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 9 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 10 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
The club’s highest individual placing was Tom Cochrane who ran a superb tactical race to finish in 47th.
For more information go to www.harpendenarrows.co.uk