Arrows fly high as Harpenden enjoy good Herts championship
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows Running Club enjoyed a good day out at the Hertfordshire County Cross Country Championships.
Held at Verulamium Park in St Albans the Arrows were represented by a number of teams and also had plenty volunteering and supporting.
Louise Maikovsky ran for the U20 women in a very strong field and held on for 13th in the challenging 6km race.
A team of seven took part in the senior women event over an 8km course.
And they were rewarded with seventh overall having been led home by Laura Hicks who crossed the line just inside the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Wilkins finished 30th.
For the Senior Men Arrows a 12km run awaited but the two teams still managed to come home in 11th and 16th respectively.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 7 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 8 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 9 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
The club’s highest individual placing was Tom Cochrane who ran a superb tactical race to finish in 47th.
For more information go to www.harpendenarrows.co.uk