Arrows fly high as Harpenden enjoy good Herts championship
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Arrows Running Club enjoyed a good day out at the Hertfordshire County Cross Country Championships.
Held at Verulamium Park in St Albans the Arrows were represented by a number of teams and also had plenty volunteering and supporting.
Louise Maikovsky ran for the U20 women in a very strong field and held on for 13th in the challenging 6km race.
A team of seven took part in the senior women event over an 8km course.
And they were rewarded with seventh overall having been led home by Laura Hicks who crossed the line just inside the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Wilkins finished 30th.
For the Senior Men Arrows a 12km run awaited but the two teams still managed to come home in 11th and 16th respectively.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high
The club’s highest individual placing was Tom Cochrane who ran a superb tactical race to finish in 47th.
For more information go to www.harpendenarrows.co.uk