Armstrong nets winner
SSML Premier Division Colney Heath 1 Welwyn GC 0 PAUL Armstrong s 77th minute goal was all that separated Colney Heath and Welwyn Garden City on Tuesday night. Armstrong s strike, his second for the club, was a vital goal for the Magpies following their s
SSML Premier Division
Colney Heath 1 Welwyn GC 0
PAUL Armstrong's 77th minute goal was all that separated Colney Heath and Welwyn Garden City on Tuesday night.
Armstrong's strike, his second for the club, was a vital goal for the Magpies following their set back on Saturday when they lost 2-0 at home to struggling Brimsdown Rovers.
You may also want to watch:
That was a bitter pill to swallow for Scott Lacey and Wes Awad's side as Jermain Hughes scored in the 83rd and 89th minute to give Rovers all three points.
Heath regrouped though to take all three points on Tuesday in their derby game with basement side Welwyn thanks to Armstrong's second half strike.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
The win leaves the Magpies in fourth place ahead of their trip to Haringey Borough on Saturday.