Armitt hits a treble as Colney Heath get Spartan South Midlands League campaign up and running
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath picked up their first SSML Premier Division points of the season with a 4-1 win over Hadley – the third meeting of the two sides in eight days following their FA Vase saga.
The result reflects what was a strong performance from the Magpies despite missing several key players.
Spencer Clarke- Mardel, Danny Fitzgerald, Dave Parkinson, Osamu Allman, Matt Taylor, Russ Gallagher, Brad Robinson and Carl Carr were all absent but full-back Dan Power and forward Lee Armitt were back and slotted back into the side seamlessly.
And it was Armitt who was the star of the show, claiming a hat-trick.
Jimmy Hill added the other.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies followed this victory up with another against Hatfield Town on Tuesday in the League Challenge Trophy, although they needed penalties to do so after a 0-0 draw.
Next up is another league game, away to Leighton Town on Saturday.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'