Armitt hits a treble as Colney Heath get Spartan South Midlands League campaign up and running
- Credit: Archant
Colney Heath picked up their first SSML Premier Division points of the season with a 4-1 win over Hadley – the third meeting of the two sides in eight days following their FA Vase saga.
The result reflects what was a strong performance from the Magpies despite missing several key players.
Spencer Clarke- Mardel, Danny Fitzgerald, Dave Parkinson, Osamu Allman, Matt Taylor, Russ Gallagher, Brad Robinson and Carl Carr were all absent but full-back Dan Power and forward Lee Armitt were back and slotted back into the side seamlessly.
And it was Armitt who was the star of the show, claiming a hat-trick.
Jimmy Hill added the other.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies followed this victory up with another against Hatfield Town on Tuesday in the League Challenge Trophy, although they needed penalties to do so after a 0-0 draw.
Next up is another league game, away to Leighton Town on Saturday.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall