Archery: Have-a-go session at Wheathampstead is a success
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Archery club welcomed more than 40 visitors to its open-air site at Folly Fields on Saturday.
Hundreds of arrows hit the targets (and some missed) as club instructors and coaches kept a watchful eye and passed on advice.
In line with the ‘informal and fun’ atmosphere at the club, visitors were advised to ‘bring a sense of humour’.
Club chairman Tony Cobb said: “Archery is a sport that anyone can get involved in, and this is a great opportunity for folks to try it out. We always welcome new members and its especially good to see so many families and children here today.”
The club has another have-a-go day on Saturday, June 7, and a four-session beginners’ courses, with all equipment supplied, will start on Saturday, April 5 and June 17.
For more information, visit http://wheathampsteadarchery.org.uk
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 History in the making as Colney Heath Ladies reach county cup final for first time