Archery: Have-a-go session at Wheathampstead is a success
- Credit: Archant
Wheathampstead Archery club welcomed more than 40 visitors to its open-air site at Folly Fields on Saturday.
Hundreds of arrows hit the targets (and some missed) as club instructors and coaches kept a watchful eye and passed on advice.
In line with the ‘informal and fun’ atmosphere at the club, visitors were advised to ‘bring a sense of humour’.
Club chairman Tony Cobb said: “Archery is a sport that anyone can get involved in, and this is a great opportunity for folks to try it out. We always welcome new members and its especially good to see so many families and children here today.”
The club has another have-a-go day on Saturday, June 7, and a four-session beginners’ courses, with all equipment supplied, will start on Saturday, April 5 and June 17.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit http://wheathampsteadarchery.org.uk
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'