Aquathlon proves a hit
City of St Albans Swimming club hosted the inaugural CoStA Junior Aquathlon held at Westminster Lodge on Sunday. Over 140 competitors, aged from nine to 17, entered the event and, such was the success, it s planned to become a regular event. Competitors
City of St Albans Swimming club hosted the inaugural CoStA Junior Aquathlon held at Westminster Lodge on Sunday.
Over 140 competitors, aged from nine to 17, entered the event and, such was the success, it's planned to become a regular event.
Competitors assembled early on Sunday morning for the aquathlon, a continuous two-stage race consisting of a 400m swim followed by 2.5km run.
Winners' trophies were presented by Pete Simpson of S & P Architects, designers of the new Westminster Lodge and sponsors of the CoStA Aquathlon, who confirmed they will sponsor CoStA for the year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "The event was fantastic with competitors from across the region, and it was so well organised.
"S&P are delighted to extend our association with CoStA, and wish them every success in this season's Speedo League competition."
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
CoStA Chairman David Lightowler was brimming with pride. "This really puts CoStA on the map, a unique event that attracts swimmers, runners and tri-athletes," he said.
"With so many children entering, competing hard and having such fun, this will become a regular event is sure to grow and grow.