Anton gives Boadiceas flying start to 2015
- Credit: Archant
Helen Anton got St Albans Hockey Club’s Boadiceas’ 2015 off to a flying start as she scored the winner against Leighton Buzzard.
The 1-0 win was just one highlight of a remarkable weekend for the club’s ladies section. The first team came through their divisional indoor competition at Haslemere with flying colours, defeating Chelmsford, Trojans and Old Loughts in qualifying for the National Division Two indoor finals at Nottingham at the end of January.
At Clarence Park, Liz Cleverly scored twice and Annie Barrett once as the 3rds beat Basildon 1sts 3-0, while the 5ths came away from Bishop’s Stortford 4ths with a 3-1 win thanks to goals from Gemma Little, Nikki Davies and Leila Bakhti.
The men’s indoor competition at Eastleigh proved a bridge too far for the 1sts, despite a win over Trojans.
At Oaklands, Peter Hazell coached the 2nds to an impressive 3-1 win against Surbiton 3rds and Alastair Turner scored on his debut for the 8ths in their 2-0 defeat of Hertford 5ths.
You may also want to watch:
This weekend sees a full programme of outdoor league games, with the men’s 1sts team headlining at Oaklands at 3pm against Cambridge City.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space