Another show of force from St Albans Striders in another busy weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out in force as per usual with cross country taking the main focus.
The first round of the Sunday Cross Country League saw 50 Striders take to the start line at Cheshunt.
Jonathan Scott led them home in 12th overall, two places ahead of Phil Evans while Jen Conway and Wendy Walsh were the first of the club's women to finish.
Personal bests fell elsewhere around the country.
The Yorkshire Marathon in York saw Tim Searle take a huge 33 minutes off his previous fastest, coming home in three hours one minute 25 seconds while Stacey Harris (3:13:34) and Deidre Heydecker (3:39:58) were also part of the England Athletics vets competition.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Silkstone and Richard Evans also set PBs at the Abingdon Marathon, Evans shaving 18 minutes off his, while Matthew Harrison dipped under three hours for the first time.
Matthew Bedford's first run over the distance saw him finish in 3:54:06.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
Mike Jack's first marathon in the V60 group saw him finish the Great South Run in 3:58:35.