Another show of force from St Albans Striders in another busy weekend
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders were out in force as per usual with cross country taking the main focus.
The first round of the Sunday Cross Country League saw 50 Striders take to the start line at Cheshunt.
Jonathan Scott led them home in 12th overall, two places ahead of Phil Evans while Jen Conway and Wendy Walsh were the first of the club's women to finish.
Personal bests fell elsewhere around the country.
The Yorkshire Marathon in York saw Tim Searle take a huge 33 minutes off his previous fastest, coming home in three hours one minute 25 seconds while Stacey Harris (3:13:34) and Deidre Heydecker (3:39:58) were also part of the England Athletics vets competition.
You may also want to watch:
Anna Silkstone and Richard Evans also set PBs at the Abingdon Marathon, Evans shaving 18 minutes off his, while Matthew Harrison dipped under three hours for the first time.
Matthew Bedford's first run over the distance saw him finish in 3:54:06.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Mike Jack's first marathon in the V60 group saw him finish the Great South Run in 3:58:35.