Another promotion as Harpenden Netball Club secure the title
- Credit: Archant
Promotion last year for Harpenden Netball Club was just the starter as they delivered the main course in this campaign – the East Regional Division Three title.
Four successive wins opened the season with a 64-22 win over MK Netters the standout result.
And they would only lose once, to rivals Hatfield Magpies, with the crown being secured with a game to spare.
The meanest defence in the league was backed up by one of the most prolific in front of the net, scoring 759 goals throughout the season.
Player of the season, Abbie Edwards, said: "It's always a great feeling to get player of the match but I couldn't get that without a whole team effort.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a pleasure to play with such a hardworking group and seeing that pay off with another promotion."
And the team's sponsors, The Carpenters Arms in Southdown, is where the trophy is displayed.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
They will now play in Division Two, the highest level in the club's history.