Another promotion as Harpenden Netball Club secure the title
- Credit: Archant
Promotion last year for Harpenden Netball Club was just the starter as they delivered the main course in this campaign – the East Regional Division Three title.
Four successive wins opened the season with a 64-22 win over MK Netters the standout result.
And they would only lose once, to rivals Hatfield Magpies, with the crown being secured with a game to spare.
The meanest defence in the league was backed up by one of the most prolific in front of the net, scoring 759 goals throughout the season.
Player of the season, Abbie Edwards, said: "It's always a great feeling to get player of the match but I couldn't get that without a whole team effort.
"It is a pleasure to play with such a hardworking group and seeing that pay off with another promotion."
And the team's sponsors, The Carpenters Arms in Southdown, is where the trophy is displayed.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 9 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 10 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
They will now play in Division Two, the highest level in the club's history.