Another new signing as St Albans City get behind the eight Ball
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have announced their eighth summer signing – Wealdstone’s creative midfielder Matt Ball.
The 23-year-old, a former Northern Ireland U21 international, began his career at Norwich City before moving on to Stevenage in 2012.
He made his Football League debut in April of the following year in a 3-0 loss at Swindon Town but would make only one more appearance for the League Two side.
After two successful loan spells at Farnborough, he joined the Hampshire club permanently, before making the switch to Wealdstone.
Ball, brother of Tottenham Hotspur’s Dominic, will be seen as a direct replacement for outgoing skipper Sam Corcoran, who has moved to Hemel Hempstead Town.
You may also want to watch:
And Corcoran will be joined by James Kaloczi, who has been unveiled by the Vauxhall Road as one of three new signings.
The 21-year-old officially moves from Dunstable Town, although he finished last season back at Clarence Park on dual-registration.
- 1 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 2 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 3 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 7 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 8 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 9 All aboard the Blue Tangerine Café for vital work experience
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
Also confirmed as leaving Saints this week were Eddie Oshodi and Charlie MacDonald.
Oshodi has joined Wealdstone while MacDonald, who was on loan from Boreham Wood last year, is heading to Ryman Division One South side Greenwich Borough.