Another double for Ewington as Harpenden Town continue looking up
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town stayed second in the SSML Premier Division with a 4-2 win at home to St Margaretsbury.
It sets up perfectly their trip to third-placed Welwyn Garden City on Saturday and stretched their unbeaten run to 11.
James Ewington got his second brace in five days, taking his tally to 19 for the season.
They proved crucial after the visitors had twice equalised following goals from Harry Hunt and Jamie Yates in the first half.
Manager Danny Plumb managed a smile when he was reminded newly-promoted Town now have 42 points, two more than his target at the start of the year, when the aim was to avoid instant relegation.
He said: “How can I not be delighted with the points tally. The boys are playing so well despite our long list of injuries.
“I was disappointed with the first half although St Margaretsbury played well but 4-2 was a good result.”
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice