Another double for Ewington as Harpenden Town continue looking up
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town stayed second in the SSML Premier Division with a 4-2 win at home to St Margaretsbury.
It sets up perfectly their trip to third-placed Welwyn Garden City on Saturday and stretched their unbeaten run to 11.
James Ewington got his second brace in five days, taking his tally to 19 for the season.
They proved crucial after the visitors had twice equalised following goals from Harry Hunt and Jamie Yates in the first half.
Manager Danny Plumb managed a smile when he was reminded newly-promoted Town now have 42 points, two more than his target at the start of the year, when the aim was to avoid instant relegation.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “How can I not be delighted with the points tally. The boys are playing so well despite our long list of injuries.
“I was disappointed with the first half although St Margaretsbury played well but 4-2 was a good result.”
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works