Early goals but another battling point for Colney Heath against Arlesey Town
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who turned up late to the Recreation Ground would have missed both goals but they would have seen Colney Heath put in another battling display to draw 1-1 with Arlesey Town.
The first goal arrived inside four minutes when Ryan Lamond pounced on a loose ball in the s box.
But the equaliser arrived before the clock had hit double figures, George Devine slamming home a rebound after his initial header had bounced off the bar.
Colney were again forced to call on the experienced Dan McCafferty and Frankie Jowle as well as handing a debut to young goalkeeper Enzo Sgambati, brought in from Markyate.
Chris Blunden, Devine and Jowle all went close for the hosts while Lorrell Smith had a chance for the visitors go just wide.
You may also want to watch:
Arlesey went close late on, twice hitting the woodwork through Alex O’Brien and Aarron Browne before Smith nodded wide but an away winner would have been harsh on Colney.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 9 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism