Early goals but another battling point for Colney Heath against Arlesey Town
- Credit: Archant
Anyone who turned up late to the Recreation Ground would have missed both goals but they would have seen Colney Heath put in another battling display to draw 1-1 with Arlesey Town.
The first goal arrived inside four minutes when Ryan Lamond pounced on a loose ball in the s box.
But the equaliser arrived before the clock had hit double figures, George Devine slamming home a rebound after his initial header had bounced off the bar.
Colney were again forced to call on the experienced Dan McCafferty and Frankie Jowle as well as handing a debut to young goalkeeper Enzo Sgambati, brought in from Markyate.
Chris Blunden, Devine and Jowle all went close for the hosts while Lorrell Smith had a chance for the visitors go just wide.
You may also want to watch:
Arlesey went close late on, twice hitting the woodwork through Alex O’Brien and Aarron Browne before Smith nodded wide but an away winner would have been harsh on Colney.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 6 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works