Annabel Catermole adds another win to incredible season
- Credit: Archant
ST ALBANS sailing ace Annabel Catermole improved her already incredible season with yet another victory, this time at the Spring Championships.
Catermole and her sailing partner Bryony Bennett-Lloyd tamed the Scottish waters in April to win the RYA Ladies Youth National Championships in the female double-handed 420 dinghy class.
Their performance on the water also earned them a spot on the Great Britain squad for the ISAF Youth Sailing Championships, which will be held in Limassol, Cyprus from July 11-20. A victory at this illustrious event could propel her to a place on the development squad for Team GB.
And her astounding season continued to get even better last weekend when she and Bennett-Lloyd were overall winners at the Spring Championships in Pwllheli, Wales, which was the final race in the series for the 420 World and Junior European teams.
To win the championships outright, the duo beat their coach from Welwyn Garden City Sailing Club and the British male pair, Tim Riley and Luke Burywood, who were overall winners at the RYA event.
You may also want to watch:
The girls topped off the Spring Championships by taking the award for first female boat and a prize for being the runner-up in the whole selector series, narrowly losing out to Riley and Burywood.
With a place at Limassol booked, Catermole was naturally excited for the challenge ahead.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
“I am very much looking forward to competing in Cyprus and representing team GBR, its going to be a great experience [as] the ISAF Youth Championship is recognized as being the ‘Youth Olympics’ of sailing.”