Ian Allinson looking for new assistant Chris Winton to bring ‘a real energy’ to St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City have appointed Chris Winton to replace Glen Alzapiedi as assistant manager.
The Bedfordshire native, who has held similar roles at Kings Langley and more recently Walton Casuals, accepted the role on Friday afternoon and met up with the squad ahead of their FA Trophy defeat to Welling United.
City manager Ian Allinson said: "Chris was highly recommended to me and I felt I needed a fresh voice and fresh ideas.
"That was hard because we have worked hard together and I have enjoyed Glen's company but some times we have to change things around to get a reaction from players.
"The fact the Oxford game has now been called off on Tuesday is good as he can now have two good sessions with the players.
You may also want to watch:
"He's got a real energy about him and he wants the players to play with a real energy and keep the ball.
"If you look at his record he's been at clubs where it is hard to compete week in and week out."
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 5 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 8 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 9 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 10 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site