Allinson delight as ‘star’ Percy Kiangebeni signs new deal at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Percy Kiangebeni has become the latest St Albans City youngster to sign a new contract to stay at Clarence Park.
Midfielder-turned-defender Kiangebeni follows Sam Merson and Solomon Sambou in extending their stay and Ian Allinson is delighted that he has agreed to the deal.
“I think he’s made huge strides in terms of lots of stuff he’s had to learn,” said the City boss.
“When he first arrived we were having to discipline him lots as he would turn up late for training. But now he’s one of the first there.
“He was a bit part player at Enfield last year and I thought he’d be a bit part player for us in terms of learning the game but we’ve had to throw it into the deep in and he’s been a star.
You may also want to watch:
“The two goals he scored in the last two games against East Thurrock and Dartford have capped things beautifully.
“We know he can play right back, we know he can centre back and midfield so it’s a great signing for us.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 6 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common