Allinson delight as ‘star’ Percy Kiangebeni signs new deal at St Albans City
- Credit: Archant
Percy Kiangebeni has become the latest St Albans City youngster to sign a new contract to stay at Clarence Park.
Midfielder-turned-defender Kiangebeni follows Sam Merson and Solomon Sambou in extending their stay and Ian Allinson is delighted that he has agreed to the deal.
“I think he’s made huge strides in terms of lots of stuff he’s had to learn,” said the City boss.
“When he first arrived we were having to discipline him lots as he would turn up late for training. But now he’s one of the first there.
“He was a bit part player at Enfield last year and I thought he’d be a bit part player for us in terms of learning the game but we’ve had to throw it into the deep in and he’s been a star.
“The two goals he scored in the last two games against East Thurrock and Dartford have capped things beautifully.
“We know he can play right back, we know he can centre back and midfield so it’s a great signing for us.”
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 4 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 7 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans