All the threes from St Albans as double-header weekend ends in two draws
- Credit: Archant
St Albans earned two points from a pair of 3-3 draws against teams around them at the top of the East League Premier Division table.
The Oaklands College-based hockey club’s men started the weekend with a home game against top of the table City of Peterborough on Saturday, before travelling to fourth-placed Bedford on Sunday.
And when the dust settled the Tangerines are third, two points behind Wapping and four behind Peterborough, although with a game in hand on both.
Saturday’s draw saw Mark Lowden fire Saints into a 2-0 lead before Peterborough pulled one back before half-time.
Matt Davey made it 3-1 but after missing a few more golden opportunities the visitors fought back and equalised inside the last 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McManus put them ahead on Sunday but needed equalisers from Lowden and Tariq Marcano with a penalty stroke to earn their point.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre