All the threes from St Albans as double-header weekend ends in two draws
- Credit: Archant
St Albans earned two points from a pair of 3-3 draws against teams around them at the top of the East League Premier Division table.
The Oaklands College-based hockey club’s men started the weekend with a home game against top of the table City of Peterborough on Saturday, before travelling to fourth-placed Bedford on Sunday.
And when the dust settled the Tangerines are third, two points behind Wapping and four behind Peterborough, although with a game in hand on both.
Saturday’s draw saw Mark Lowden fire Saints into a 2-0 lead before Peterborough pulled one back before half-time.
Matt Davey made it 3-1 but after missing a few more golden opportunities the visitors fought back and equalised inside the last 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McManus put them ahead on Sunday but needed equalisers from Lowden and Tariq Marcano with a penalty stroke to earn their point.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient