All the threes from St Albans as double-header weekend ends in two draws
- Credit: Archant
St Albans earned two points from a pair of 3-3 draws against teams around them at the top of the East League Premier Division table.
The Oaklands College-based hockey club’s men started the weekend with a home game against top of the table City of Peterborough on Saturday, before travelling to fourth-placed Bedford on Sunday.
And when the dust settled the Tangerines are third, two points behind Wapping and four behind Peterborough, although with a game in hand on both.
Saturday’s draw saw Mark Lowden fire Saints into a 2-0 lead before Peterborough pulled one back before half-time.
Matt Davey made it 3-1 but after missing a few more golden opportunities the visitors fought back and equalised inside the last 10 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Steve McManus put them ahead on Sunday but needed equalisers from Lowden and Tariq Marcano with a penalty stroke to earn their point.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 10 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs