All-star cast of coaches announced for hockey camps
- Credit: Archant
England and Great Britain international striker and Commonwealth Games silver medallist Ellie Watton has unveiled the coaches that will join her at this year’s hockey camps at Oaklands College.
The coaches will include Watton’s international team-mate and defender Zoe Shipperly, Great Britain U21 Youth Olympian Martin Scanlon and England Hockey talent development coach James Bateman.
Goalkeepers on the camps will receive specialist coaching from three England and Great Britain keepers with 81 international caps between them: Maddie Hinch, Kirsty Mackay and Sabbie Heesh.
Other camp coaches include European U18 gold medallist and now Queenswood School head coach Amy Kee, Amersham and Chalfont Hockey Club’s newly-appointed senior head of hockey Simon Archer and former Nottingham Trent University captain Lottie Porter.
The camps are all-inclusive and attract aspiring players from clubs and schools over a wide catchment area. The junior camps on August 10-11 are open to all boys and girls ages eight to 16. Then, on August 13-14, the coaches will host advanced camps specifically aimed at more experienced teenage players aged 13 to 18 playing Saturday club hockey or at junior academy centre level or above.
You may also want to watch:
For information or to book places on the camps, contact Ellie Watton on email@example.com.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire