All-star cast of coaches announced for hockey camps
- Credit: Archant
England and Great Britain international striker and Commonwealth Games silver medallist Ellie Watton has unveiled the coaches that will join her at this year’s hockey camps at Oaklands College.
The coaches will include Watton’s international team-mate and defender Zoe Shipperly, Great Britain U21 Youth Olympian Martin Scanlon and England Hockey talent development coach James Bateman.
Goalkeepers on the camps will receive specialist coaching from three England and Great Britain keepers with 81 international caps between them: Maddie Hinch, Kirsty Mackay and Sabbie Heesh.
Other camp coaches include European U18 gold medallist and now Queenswood School head coach Amy Kee, Amersham and Chalfont Hockey Club’s newly-appointed senior head of hockey Simon Archer and former Nottingham Trent University captain Lottie Porter.
The camps are all-inclusive and attract aspiring players from clubs and schools over a wide catchment area. The junior camps on August 10-11 are open to all boys and girls ages eight to 16. Then, on August 13-14, the coaches will host advanced camps specifically aimed at more experienced teenage players aged 13 to 18 playing Saturday club hockey or at junior academy centre level or above.
You may also want to watch:
For information or to book places on the camps, contact Ellie Watton on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash