Alexis Sanchez and Santi Cazorla train at London Colney ahead of Arsenal V Olympiacos
- Credit: Archant
Members of the media descended upon the London Colney training grounds of Arsenal today (Monday) ahead of tomorrow’s UEFA Champions League clash with Olympiacos FC.
Photographers, including the Herts Advertiser’s Danny Loo, snapped the Gunners in action at the club’s 57-hectare site at Bell Lane.
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger, at a later media briefing, said that Francis Coquelin, who had suffered from a swollen knee during the Gunners’ recent match with Chelsea, was back in training.
He said Coquelin had returned yesterday, “and I will have to see how he responds to two days of training, but he looks alright.”
Wenger added that midfielders Mathieu Flamini (hamstring) and Mikel Arteta “both have slight muscular problems, but I think Flamini has a scan today, and Arteta certainly as well”.
However, neither player is suffering serious problems, with Wenger confirming “they are not big injuries; it is a question of days [to recover]”.
A few days ago he said that Harpenden-based Jack Wilshere, whose last game was in July, has successfully undergone surgery following a fracture and “touch wood, hopefully all goes well now”.
On Arsenal’s website, Per Mertesacker said that the Gunners’ confidence has increased on the back of recent victories at Tottenham and Leicester City.
- 1 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 2 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 3 Bank cards stolen from elderly woman
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 What next for Alban Arena and city centre culture?
- 7 St Albans Beer and Cider Festival set to return after two years
- 8 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 9 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 10 Remembering 'Mr Harpenden' - the indomitable Michael Weaver
Wenger said he believed Arsenal was getting better with each passing week and that, in regards to last weekend’s win, he was “glad I did my job for the team and the fans”.
• Arsenal V Olympiacos, UEFA Champions League, Emirates Stadium, Tuesday September 29, 7.45pm