Alex Revell banking on new signing Elliot Osborne to become a leader at Stevenage
- Credit: David Simpson/TGS Photo
Alex Revell believes his third summer signing is one who is going to lead from the front – in both words and deeds.
Elliot Osborne is a 24-year-old midfielder and follows the capture of Inih Effiong from Dover Athletic and Femi Akinwande from Billericay Town.
He arrives at the Lamex Stadium on the back of two good seasons with National League Stockport County, having previously played for Newcastle Town, Nantwich Town and Southport.
He was also on the books of Fleetwood but failed to make an appearance and spent loan spells at Tranmere Rovers and Stockport themselves.
His first year coincided with County’s promotion from National League North and they were seventh when the season was voided, missing out on the play-offs due to points-per-game.
You may also want to watch:
He was the club’s top scorer in the league too, netting on nine occasions
And he is a player that the Boro boss has courted for some time.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
Speaking on the club website he said: “Elliot is a player that we have long admired and I am delighted he has chosen to join the football club this summer.
“He is a fantastic character and is someone that will lead not only through his voice but with his energy, work rate and desire.
“He is coming off the back of a couple of hugely successful seasons and he will bring goals, a creativity and dynamism that we are all excited to watch.
“The three players that we have signed so far are all excellent people, which for our DNA is key to anyone joining our club. We have to create an environment where the players, staff and supporters all know everyone is in it for each other together and desire, commitment and work rate is never questioned.
“Elliot will be a huge driving force with these values because of his relentless intensity which I believe will inspire everyone around him.”
Osbourne himself was delighted to sign.
He said: “I am absolutely buzzing. I feel there is a real new energy around the place and it is something I have bought into and is the reason I decided to join.”