Radlett’s Alex Jones glad to be back in the driving seat after lockdown
- Credit: Archant
Radlett’s Alex Jones had an enjoyable return to motor racing as he tasted the tarmac of Brands Hatch.
The 27-year-old endured a “soggy qualifying” in the Formula Vee race but finished inside the top 10 in race one before damage following an accident ended the second battle.
But it was an experience he thoroughly enjoyed after the frustrations of lockdown.
He said: “I was happy to keep it on the track in the first race and happy with qualifying but disappointed about race two.
“Brands is a good track and represents a challenge to race on. It is a fun track to drive on, particularity when you know you’ve got it right.
You may also want to watch:
“Lockdown has been hard and it has definitely changed motorsport. Spectators aren’t allowed to go and there was no scrutineering at the track and no race admin.
“They had a few select people in the main race centre if you needed a word but you still need to wear the masks.”
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall