Alex Jones content with performance as he moves ‘towards the front’
- Credit: Archant
British Formula Vee racer Alex Jones was content with the progress made in his latest outing at Brands Hatch.
The 23-year-old from Radlett finished just outside the top 10 in race one and was running solidly in race two before being forced to retire from an engine failure.
He struggled off the line in race one but enjoyed an action-packed battle with regular front-runner, James Harridge, in the opening stages of the race, with the pair going wheel to wheel up against the pit wall as they came past the start/finish line.
Once separated from Harridge, Jones took full advantage of having a clear track in front of him and made up ground, putting in his fastest lap of the race before the chequered flag came out.
Race two was disrupted by a red flag after just two laps but Jones got a lightning launch from the restart.
You may also want to watch:
He was making headway until his weekend was unfortunately drawn to a premature close when his engine gave up after just four laps.
The Radlett racer said: “It was frustrating to have the engine go like that in race two and of course it’s a disappointing way to end the weekend but we’ve definitely made improvements in terms of performance and we’re moving towards the front.
- 1 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 2 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 3 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 6 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Sustainable St Albans hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
- 10 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
“I really hope to be back out at Croft in four weeks but it’s budget-pending so we’re trying our best to get something in place.
“After making such positive progress so far this season, and particularly this weekend, it would be a shame to halt the momentum we have right now.”