Alex Jones considering his options after successful BRDC test
- Credit: Archant
A motor-racing driver is considering his options after a successful test of a BRDC Formula 4 car.
Twenty-two-year-old Alex Jones, from Radlett, got behind the wheel of the Chris Dittmann Racing Tatuus-Cosworth at Donington Park last week.
It is a big step up from Formula Vee, where Jones currently races, but he successfully completed over 40-laps throughout the course of the day as he assesses his options for the 2016 season.
He said: “The car was really easy to drive, and the grip it had was phenomenal; the faster you go, the more grip there is, as the aero really kicks in on the corners.
“It wasn’t just the aero which was different, but also the speed. It is much quicker in a straight line and you can really attack the corners with this car.
You may also want to watch:
“BRDC F4 is definitely an option for 2016. It all rests on whether we can find the right backing and put a suitable package together.”
Team principal, Chris Dittmann, said: “Alex did a great job on the test day and progressed well in every session.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 5 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 Columban Cycling Club take on 'The Italian Job' for Home-Start Herts
“It was a huge jump in performance to the Formula Vee he is used to driving but he adapted very well.”
The BRDC F4 Championship features a 24-race calendar, hosted over eight meetings.