Alex Jones considering his options after successful BRDC test
- Credit: Archant
A motor-racing driver is considering his options after a successful test of a BRDC Formula 4 car.
Twenty-two-year-old Alex Jones, from Radlett, got behind the wheel of the Chris Dittmann Racing Tatuus-Cosworth at Donington Park last week.
It is a big step up from Formula Vee, where Jones currently races, but he successfully completed over 40-laps throughout the course of the day as he assesses his options for the 2016 season.
He said: “The car was really easy to drive, and the grip it had was phenomenal; the faster you go, the more grip there is, as the aero really kicks in on the corners.
“It wasn’t just the aero which was different, but also the speed. It is much quicker in a straight line and you can really attack the corners with this car.
You may also want to watch:
“BRDC F4 is definitely an option for 2016. It all rests on whether we can find the right backing and put a suitable package together.”
Team principal, Chris Dittmann, said: “Alex did a great job on the test day and progressed well in every session.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of violent attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
“It was a huge jump in performance to the Formula Vee he is used to driving but he adapted very well.”
The BRDC F4 Championship features a 24-race calendar, hosted over eight meetings.