Aldwickbury Park Golf Club refurbishment can be enjoyed by everyone and not just members
- Credit: Archant
Aldwickbury Park Golf Club has opened its doors following a massive refurbishment – and want people to in Harpenden and the surrounding areas to know that you don’t have to be a member to enjoy the new facilities.
The work at the Piggottshill Lane club, which cost £750,000, saw the clubhouse extended to include a function room that can comfortably hold around 150 people for weddings or other celebrations.
But the news that the club’s lounge and bar is open to everyone, and not just the near 700 members, may come as a suprise to some.
Emma Clifford, general manager of the club, said: “You don’t have to be a member to use the facilities at all. It’s lovely as we get people who have to ask if they can come for lunch, maybe they’ve been here before or know members, We get those people regularly coming in for lunch and if they’ve booked in adavnce, we’ll make sure it’s set up for them and that they feel welcome.
“But it’s getting that message out there, that if you just want to come in and have a coffee on the terrace on a beautiful sunny morning, there’s nowhere better. It’s so relaxing.”
You may also want to watch:
The club is owned by BGL, a group that runs 10 golf courses across the country, including Redbourn.
They have invested lots of money into golf in the hope that it will open up the game to more people, as well as those who simply want to enjoy the ambience of a modern, well-run bar.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 5 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant
- 6 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 9 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 10 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
And the work has been “well-received” by the members.
Emma added: “We had the club’s 20th anniversary and everyone who came to that said it was amazing and the room blew them away.
“The vision going forward is to have the function venue, the membership and the golf all working in harmony.
“And we want to look at the junior side and grow that, as well as introducing families.”