Afroz puts in gr-eight show for Saints
Division Three St Albans II 144-10 (52.0) Kings Langley 121-10 (41.1) AFROZ Khan struck out eight wickets for career-best figures as St Albans II destroyed Kings Langley at Clarence Park in Division Three on Saturday. The Saints won the toss
St Albans II 144-10 (52.0) Kings Langley 121-10 (41.1)
AFROZ Khan struck out eight wickets for career-best figures as St Albans II destroyed Kings Langley at Clarence Park in Division Three on Saturday.
The Saints won the toss and chose to bat but when impressive opener Sam Rowlands (36) departed, there was a lack of application throughout the order. Iain Curtis (25), Ed Hart (18) and Michael Goodfellow (22 not out) made useful contributions but the hosts were all out for 144 off 52 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In reply Kings Langley were slow off the mark but always seemed to have enough overs on their side. At 100 for 3 with overs in hand the task was bleak for St Albans.
Man of the Match Afroz Khan stepped up to the challenge and decimated the Kings batting line up, taking 8-21 off eight overs. Daniel Longhurst also took two wickets as Langley were shot out for 121 off 41.1 overs.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Look! Sneak peek inside Harpenden's new Eric Morecambe Centre
l In Division 10, St Albans IV battled superbly with a young side to claim a draw at Northampton Exiles II.
Fielding a team with four Under 14s, the Saints won the toss and put the hosts in to bat. Northampton powered on to 256-3 off 47 overs before declaring. Nick James, Debjit Mukherjee and David Hancock each picked up one wicket.
In reply, Rex Devadason (72) and Hancock (34) opened up with some emphatic shots and were supported well by Gordon Murray (42). The Saints closed on 213-5 off 53 overs for a fine draw with Nick James (22 not out) and Debjit Mukherjee (14 not out) at the crease.