Adams wins Berkhamsted half marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Paul Adams won the men’s race at Sunday’s Berkhamsted half marathon.
Adams finished in 1:11:10 to take individual glory. He added the team prize to his haul as Richard Harry (1:22:36) and Graham Foster (1:24:12) also finished high up the field.
For the women, Anna Ward and Lucy Martin finished in second and 14th respectively.
Wendy Walsh was the first female to finish the Herts County Vets 5 Mile Championships, and, in the men’s event, Graham Smith came fourth in a time of 28:38.
Further afield, Simon Fraser came fifth in the Greenwich Meridian 10K and Jack Brooks completed a very muddy Mill Hill Trail Marathon in a time of 5:36:21.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a strong performance from the Striders at the parkrun, with Graham Smith in second and Martin Whitworth in third. In the women’s race, Helen Cartlidge and Jenny Maddocks also took second and third positions.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans