Adams wins Berkhamsted half marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Paul Adams won the men’s race at Sunday’s Berkhamsted half marathon.
Adams finished in 1:11:10 to take individual glory. He added the team prize to his haul as Richard Harry (1:22:36) and Graham Foster (1:24:12) also finished high up the field.
For the women, Anna Ward and Lucy Martin finished in second and 14th respectively.
Wendy Walsh was the first female to finish the Herts County Vets 5 Mile Championships, and, in the men’s event, Graham Smith came fourth in a time of 28:38.
Further afield, Simon Fraser came fifth in the Greenwich Meridian 10K and Jack Brooks completed a very muddy Mill Hill Trail Marathon in a time of 5:36:21.
You may also want to watch:
There was also a strong performance from the Striders at the parkrun, with Graham Smith in second and Martin Whitworth in third. In the women’s race, Helen Cartlidge and Jenny Maddocks also took second and third positions.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly