Adams rules the roost as Striders dominate the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Paul Adams took the win at the St Albans Half Marathon – with the club claiming four of the top eight places.
Adams clocked one hour 13 minutes 3 seconds on his way to victory.
Behind him Blake Vivian was fourth in 1:16:00, Joe Dunn seventh in 1:18:23 and Alex Juggins in eighth, 22 seconds further adrift.
In the women’s race Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge were fourth and seventh overall with times of 1:29:37 and 1:33:27 respectively.
Those runs also earned them both second place in their age categories.
Deirdre Heydecker was the first woman to finish the hilly Kings Langley Puffaten 10K race, coming home in 48 minutes 40 seconds.
At the St Albans parkrun this week, Jenny Maddocks was the second female to finish in 20:14, followed by fellow Strider Tamsyn Clark in third with 20:44.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 2 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 3 Party leaders at odds over latest delay to St Albans Local Plan
- 4 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 5 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 6 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 7 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 8 St Albans hockey player still going strong at 80
- 9 Caretakers of creation: church's work protecting environment
- 10 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
Sam Pullan also secured third place overall with a time of 17:36.
There’s still time to enter the Summer Solstice race which takes place at 8pm on Friday, June 17, in Highfield Park.
Visit www.activetrainingworld.co.uk for more details.