Adams rules the roost as Striders dominate the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Paul Adams took the win at the St Albans Half Marathon – with the club claiming four of the top eight places.
Adams clocked one hour 13 minutes 3 seconds on his way to victory.
Behind him Blake Vivian was fourth in 1:16:00, Joe Dunn seventh in 1:18:23 and Alex Juggins in eighth, 22 seconds further adrift.
In the women’s race Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge were fourth and seventh overall with times of 1:29:37 and 1:33:27 respectively.
Those runs also earned them both second place in their age categories.
You may also want to watch:
Deirdre Heydecker was the first woman to finish the hilly Kings Langley Puffaten 10K race, coming home in 48 minutes 40 seconds.
At the St Albans parkrun this week, Jenny Maddocks was the second female to finish in 20:14, followed by fellow Strider Tamsyn Clark in third with 20:44.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
Sam Pullan also secured third place overall with a time of 17:36.
There’s still time to enter the Summer Solstice race which takes place at 8pm on Friday, June 17, in Highfield Park.
Visit www.activetrainingworld.co.uk for more details.