Adams rules the roost as Striders dominate the St Albans Half Marathon
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Striders’ Paul Adams took the win at the St Albans Half Marathon – with the club claiming four of the top eight places.
Adams clocked one hour 13 minutes 3 seconds on his way to victory.
Behind him Blake Vivian was fourth in 1:16:00, Joe Dunn seventh in 1:18:23 and Alex Juggins in eighth, 22 seconds further adrift.
In the women’s race Wendy Walsh and Helen Cartlidge were fourth and seventh overall with times of 1:29:37 and 1:33:27 respectively.
Those runs also earned them both second place in their age categories.
Deirdre Heydecker was the first woman to finish the hilly Kings Langley Puffaten 10K race, coming home in 48 minutes 40 seconds.
At the St Albans parkrun this week, Jenny Maddocks was the second female to finish in 20:14, followed by fellow Strider Tamsyn Clark in third with 20:44.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 5 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 6 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans Striders shine at Summer Solstice 10k
- 9 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
Sam Pullan also secured third place overall with a time of 17:36.
There’s still time to enter the Summer Solstice race which takes place at 8pm on Friday, June 17, in Highfield Park.
Visit www.activetrainingworld.co.uk for more details.