Adams praises team effort
Old Albanian’s try scorer Terry Adams praised the team’s effort as they secured promotion to National Two South.
OLD Albanian try-scorer Terry Adams praised the team’s effort after there play-off victory over Old Patesians on Saturday.
The centre showed great footwork to scores OA’s second try to put the Woollams men in a commanding position and they never looked back.
“It’s a hot day, they’re a good team Old Patesians, but at the end of the day we put it in and came away with a fantastic result,” Adams said afterwards.
Adams’ score extended his lead at the top of the club’s try scorers list but he was just happy to get through a season with injury.
“It’s quite rare that I get through a season without getting hurt, so touch wood there’s no injuries this year with a couple of games left to go,” he said.
“I’ve had a good season but at the end of the day it’s all about the team. We’ve got a good platform and a good set up here and hopefully we can push on.”
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 10 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
OA had to do without skipper Laurence White who was stranded in Mauritius because of the volcanic ash and James Ellershaw who was injured but Adams says their replacements stepped up to the task brilliantly.
“TBachey (Jamie Bache) was everywhere, all the guys that have come in brought the experience back and I think we needed it today. It’s a great team spirit and a great team effort from the squad.”
Adams and Co. can now look forward to next season in National Two South mixing it with the likes of Richmond and Rosslyn Park and OA’s centre says it’ll be an honour to line up against teams of that stature.
“It’s fantastic to be linked with those guys and to be playing against them week in week out. We’ve got a lot to do this pre-season but hopefully we can go up there and show we can cut it at that level.”