Adams praises team effort
Old Albanian’s try scorer Terry Adams praised the team’s effort as they secured promotion to National Two South.
OLD Albanian try-scorer Terry Adams praised the team’s effort after there play-off victory over Old Patesians on Saturday.
The centre showed great footwork to scores OA’s second try to put the Woollams men in a commanding position and they never looked back.
“It’s a hot day, they’re a good team Old Patesians, but at the end of the day we put it in and came away with a fantastic result,” Adams said afterwards.
Adams’ score extended his lead at the top of the club’s try scorers list but he was just happy to get through a season with injury.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s quite rare that I get through a season without getting hurt, so touch wood there’s no injuries this year with a couple of games left to go,” he said.
“I’ve had a good season but at the end of the day it’s all about the team. We’ve got a good platform and a good set up here and hopefully we can push on.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 9 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 10 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
OA had to do without skipper Laurence White who was stranded in Mauritius because of the volcanic ash and James Ellershaw who was injured but Adams says their replacements stepped up to the task brilliantly.
“TBachey (Jamie Bache) was everywhere, all the guys that have come in brought the experience back and I think we needed it today. It’s a great team spirit and a great team effort from the squad.”
Adams and Co. can now look forward to next season in National Two South mixing it with the likes of Richmond and Rosslyn Park and OA’s centre says it’ll be an honour to line up against teams of that stature.
“It’s fantastic to be linked with those guys and to be playing against them week in week out. We’ve got a lot to do this pre-season but hopefully we can go up there and show we can cut it at that level.”