Adams comes 35th at Virgin London Marathon
- Credit: Archant
Striders’ Paul Adams broke the two and a half hour barrier at Sunday’s Virgin London Marathon to cross the line in 35th.
He finished the race race in 2:27.53.
Other notable results came from Deirdre Heydecker, who was 12th in her age group, and Oliver Poulain was the first St Albans AC member to complete the course, finishing in 2:53.07.
Results: Stephen Buckle (2:41); Peter Crowdell (2:43); Richard Harry (2:51); Alexander Fedyushkin (2:53); Brendan Cashman (2:58); Gary Warren (3:04); Matthew Draper (3:12); Rav Dighe (3:19); Heydecker (3:25); Jenny Maddocks (3:26); Jo Rawal (3:30); Rachel Dixon (3:30); Judy Willits (3:31); Errol Maginley (3:32); Ranjiet Kainth (3:33); Nick Bradley (3:38); Jack Brooks (3:50); Emma Halldearn (3:53); Matthew Brook (3:55); Richard Olney (3:55); Gladstone Thompson (4:15); Kathryn Hall (4:53).
Jenna Pickering did an incredible job to complete two marathons in a week, finishing the Boston race in 5:16 and London in 5:12.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere, Caroline Skyrme, Dave Skyrme, Karen Patterson and Ali Massey ran the Warrior Adrenaline Racem, Amy Tanner came eight at the Southampton Half Marathon, clocking 1:30, and Jonathan Redshaw finished the Stratford Half Marathon in 1:32.
Wendy Walsh came first in the 3,000m at the Southern Athletics League meeting at Westminster Lodge. Her time of 11.25 was a new personal best. In the same race, Lucy Martin crossed the line in 12.13.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
The club is hosting a Run with Striders Course, which may be of interest to budding runners of all ages, shapes and sizes. For details, see the club’s website. There are 40 places available.