Achtung Baby! St Albans Striders’ trio conquer Berlin Marathon
- Credit: Archant
The autumn marathon season started off with three St Albans Striders completing the Berlin Marathon.
Ian Hirth ran three hours 21 minutes 20 seconds, Andrew Hull 4:38:00 and Petra Große-Hull 4:59:16.
Steve Cockrell successfully finished Loch Ness in challenging conditions while Mark Travers ran the Hull Marathon in 4:04:12.
Three ladies from the club won the team prize in the Windsor half marathon; Stacey Harris was seventh lady overall in 1:34:48, followed by Jenny Moore with 1:38:51 and Judy Willits in 1:43:52.
Six Striders were among the thousands at the Ealing Half Marathon with Blake K Vivian overcoming injury to finish 12th overall in 1:16:10.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Barr also overcame an injury to run 1:27:42, followed by James Harrison (1:41;32), Richard Olney (1:44:03), Steve Elkan (1:45:22) and Paul Earnshaw (1:54:36).
Chris Curran ran 1:47:46 in Ipswich’s Great East Run.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans