Achtung Baby! St Albans Striders’ trio conquer Berlin Marathon
- Credit: Archant
The autumn marathon season started off with three St Albans Striders completing the Berlin Marathon.
Ian Hirth ran three hours 21 minutes 20 seconds, Andrew Hull 4:38:00 and Petra Große-Hull 4:59:16.
Steve Cockrell successfully finished Loch Ness in challenging conditions while Mark Travers ran the Hull Marathon in 4:04:12.
Three ladies from the club won the team prize in the Windsor half marathon; Stacey Harris was seventh lady overall in 1:34:48, followed by Jenny Moore with 1:38:51 and Judy Willits in 1:43:52.
Six Striders were among the thousands at the Ealing Half Marathon with Blake K Vivian overcoming injury to finish 12th overall in 1:16:10.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Barr also overcame an injury to run 1:27:42, followed by James Harrison (1:41;32), Richard Olney (1:44:03), Steve Elkan (1:45:22) and Paul Earnshaw (1:54:36).
Chris Curran ran 1:47:46 in Ipswich’s Great East Run.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Neighbouring councils reject Bowmans Cross development
- 7 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 8 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 9 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25