Abbey Flyers Nomads Netball Club snap up former Australian U21 star
- Credit: Archant
Abbey Flyers Nomads have pulled off a major coup by snapping up a former Australian U21 player to their coaching staff.
Rebecca Ross also played for Loughborough Lightning and Leeds Carneige in the Superleague and will bring all that experience to the Sandringham School-based netball club.
She said: “I’ve had the great honour to be coached by some amazing people both in Australia and in the UK, including Tracey Neville [England Roses coach] and I’ve played with a number of girls who are still playing for Australia and England.”
She will work alongside head coach Karen Stubbs as they look to develop the junior squads and Gretta Acton with the seniors.
Action said: “Her work ethic and energy has given a timely boost to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“We are aiming to secure promotion to the regional league this season and we are even more confident about achieving this with Rebecca’s input.”
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 4 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 5 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 8 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues