A very Good Friday for Jen Conway and St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Jen Conway enjoyed a very Good Friday as the St Albans Strider took the win at the St Albans 10K race.
She defied the warm conditions to become the first female finisher in a time of 40 minutes 31 seconds.
Around 30 Striders took part with Doug Hobson and Martin Whitworth coming fourth and ninth respectively, Hobson clocking a PB of 37:17.
There were also PBs for Julianne Nightingale, Nicki Francis, Emma Hosty and Helen Robertson-Giffin.
It was a double race weekend for Hosty as she also competed in the Hale 5-mile race in Liverpool where Stephen Hosty managed a PB of 28:51.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Warren, Nigel Aston, Howard Bull and Quentin Keeling were all in action at the Maidenhead Easter 10 mile, with Bull getting a PB here, while Tarynn Heasley completed the 56km Two Oceans ultra-marathon in Cape Town.
And Warren and Wendy Walsh completed the double at the 200th running of the Aldenham parkrun by winning the men’s and women’s race.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 6 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 10 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans