A very Good Friday for Jen Conway and St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Jen Conway enjoyed a very Good Friday as the St Albans Strider took the win at the St Albans 10K race.
She defied the warm conditions to become the first female finisher in a time of 40 minutes 31 seconds.
Around 30 Striders took part with Doug Hobson and Martin Whitworth coming fourth and ninth respectively, Hobson clocking a PB of 37:17.
There were also PBs for Julianne Nightingale, Nicki Francis, Emma Hosty and Helen Robertson-Giffin.
It was a double race weekend for Hosty as she also competed in the Hale 5-mile race in Liverpool where Stephen Hosty managed a PB of 28:51.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Warren, Nigel Aston, Howard Bull and Quentin Keeling were all in action at the Maidenhead Easter 10 mile, with Bull getting a PB here, while Tarynn Heasley completed the 56km Two Oceans ultra-marathon in Cape Town.
And Warren and Wendy Walsh completed the double at the 200th running of the Aldenham parkrun by winning the men’s and women’s race.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 3 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 6 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier