A very Good Friday for Jen Conway and St Albans Striders
- Credit: Archant
Jen Conway enjoyed a very Good Friday as the St Albans Strider took the win at the St Albans 10K race.
She defied the warm conditions to become the first female finisher in a time of 40 minutes 31 seconds.
Around 30 Striders took part with Doug Hobson and Martin Whitworth coming fourth and ninth respectively, Hobson clocking a PB of 37:17.
There were also PBs for Julianne Nightingale, Nicki Francis, Emma Hosty and Helen Robertson-Giffin.
It was a double race weekend for Hosty as she also competed in the Hale 5-mile race in Liverpool where Stephen Hosty managed a PB of 28:51.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Warren, Nigel Aston, Howard Bull and Quentin Keeling were all in action at the Maidenhead Easter 10 mile, with Bull getting a PB here, while Tarynn Heasley completed the 56km Two Oceans ultra-marathon in Cape Town.
And Warren and Wendy Walsh completed the double at the 200th running of the Aldenham parkrun by winning the men’s and women’s race.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?