Rain tried its best to spoil the day's play in the Herts Cricket League but the big derby in the Premier Division between Radlett and Harpenden did get to a finish - with Harpenden's win sending them top.

A delayed start meant a reduced overs game at Cobden Hill and when they smoke cleared, Harpenden were winners by six wickets.

The home side batted first once the rain had gone and made 225-6 in 34 overs.

There were plenty of good scoring, the best of them being 62 from Jayden Broodryk, with the partnership of 99 he shared with David Burnell (57) being key.

Tom Beasley and Matt Neal each took two wickets but Harpenden had their work cut out to chase the total down.

In the end though, they made it look easy, reaching it in the 31st over.

Opener James Latham was the undoubted star as he stayed unbeaten throughout, reaching 110 from 97 deliveries by the end.

Cole Briggs shared a second-wicket partnership of 155, scoring 82 in 55 balls, to leave Harpenden a point clear of Totteridge Millhillians.

Radlett are fifth.

Shenley Village meanwhile are still searching for their first win of the campaign after falling to an 89-run loss to Hertford.

Matt Stear took 3-49 as Hertford got to 181-6 in 36 overs but the reply faltered, only reaching 92 before they were all out.

St Albans are another who are winless after six games, their latest being a six-wicket loss to Championship leaders Flitwick.

They made 145-7 batting first at Clarence Park, a solid innings of 40 from Jamie Regan being key to that although he had support from Joe Regan (23) and Max Capaldi (21).

It gave Flitwick 33 overs to find the runs to win and they needed 29 of them.

Opener Nabil Moughal scored 67 of them as he remained unbeaten at the close, Samuel Kumar getting 2-36 for Saints who remain bottom.

Conor Yorath hit the winning runs for Redbourn in the last over. Picture: DANNY LOO PHOTOGRAPHYConor Yorath hit the winning runs for Redbourn in the last over. Picture: DANNY LOO PHOTOGRAPHY (Image: Archant)

Redbourn picked up their second win of the season, beating Leverstock Green by four wickets in Division One.

They were given 20 overs to chase down a revised target 136, the visitors' having made 156-7 in the 23 overs they batted.

And the result came down to the very last one of them when they face what looked a forelorn hope, needing 13 off the final set.

Conor Yorath and George Cutler were their heroes though, the latter getting a four then a two and a single before Yorath smashed two fours to get Redbourn home with a ball to spare.

Yorath finished on 61 in 53 deliveries while Cutler managed 10 from the five balls he faced.

Adam Pritchard had taken 3-23 earlier on.

In Division Three B, there was a fine five-wicket win for London Colney at home to Chorleywood.

Simon Fretter and Matt Bristow each took two wickets as the visitors were left on 138-8 in 33 overs and Colney then raced home inside 32.

They had been wobbling ever so slightly at 79-5 but an unbeaten partnership of 60 from Scott Hadley (48) and Carl Frame (29) eased them across the line.

Wheathampstead lost though, going down by 41 runs to Dunstable Town.

James Mason did get 3-22 as Dunstable got to 153-7 in their 25 overs but the reply was always running behind and a late 36 not out from Harry L'Estrange wasn't enough, Wheato finishing on 112-7 after the 25 overs.