Harpenden Town's women brought their season to a close but now face a nervous two-week wait to see if they have done enough to win the title and promotion.

A 3-0 success at home to Mulbarton Wanderers means they have finished the Eastern Region season with 43 points from their 18 games.

It leaves them top of the Division One North table, three points clear of only rivals Dussindale & Hellesdon Rovers, and with a one-goal better goal difference.

However, the Norwich side still have two games to play, the first away to Wootton Blue Cross on May 12 and then at Mulbarton one week later.

Herts Advertiser: Harpenden Town ladies finished their season with a 3-0 win over Mulbarton Wanderers. Picture: HTFCHarpenden Town ladies finished their season with a 3-0 win over Mulbarton Wanderers. Picture: HTFC (Image: Harpenden Town FC)

This win for Harps though was sealed by a Sophia Amanor hat-trick, taking her up to 51 goals for the season.

But with goal difference potentially a factor, the Harpenden women will rue a number of opportunities that went begging in this one.

Amanor, Erin Shacklock, Rebecca McShane and Belle Shannon all went close before Harpenden took the lead, Amanor reacting quickest after a McShane shot was saved, and the second half was more of the same.

McShane set up Amanor for 2-0 while Jasmine Hughes got the assist for the hat-trick goal.

But Shannon, Natalie Cloy, Amanor and Lucie Kirby were all denied in one way or another from extending the final score.

Harpenden's men still have something to play for with their home play-off semi-final in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division coming on Wednesday against Leverstock Green.

Kick-off at Rothamsted Park is at 7.45pm.

Colney Heath's senior men brought their SSML season to a close with a seventh straight win, having scored 17 and conceded only two.

The 1-0 success away to Arlesey Town leaves them seventh in the final table, just four points off the final play-off place.

The goal arrived midway through the first half.

Quick thinking by Bradley Dixon-Smith cut out a short Arlesey free-kick taken by Ollie Skinner.

He then squared the ball across to George Sippetts who slammed the ball into the back of the net from 10 yards.

Sippetts thought he had bagged a second not long after but it was disallowed for offside, and then Dixon-Smith sent one just wide when he found himself in space on the edge of the box.

Sippetts had a couple of attempts in the second period that were blocked or cleared off the line and Jonas Kolanda was also unable to convert from close range after a George Hughes cross.

Colney Heath ladies had finished their title-winning league season with a 9-0 win against Hartham United, Mia Simmonds getting three, Amy Phillips and Holly Rossington two each, and Jael Muzzi and Anna Simou the others.

They still have the final of the Beds & Herts League Chris Renshaw Cup which is on Sunday at Kempston Rovers against St Margaretsbury.

St Albans Primary Schools spent a day at Oxford City in a festival.

The U10 development side played in the U11 age group, losing 2-0 to Dacorum in game one but then drawing 1-1 against Carmarthen, Joshua John with the goal.

The final group game was against Barking & Dagenham was their best performance and a superb individual goal by Jack Hine secured the points and 3rd place in the group.

The battle for fifth place ended with a strong Portsmouth side winning 3-1 but a late goal by John was more than deserved.

The girls were in action in the afternoon and started brilliantly, beating league champions Newbury with a Lara Taylor goal.

Another solitary goal, scored early on, allowed Cardiff to win game two but a win in the final group game against Sutton sent St Albans through to the semi-final, a last gasp goal by Jessica Barrett the difference.

Their run came to an end in the last four, beaten by another single goal, this time by eventual winners Swansea.

And they beaten into fourth place in the play-off, 2-0 to Wokingham although it was a valiant effort by the girls to get back into the game.