The three ladies' sides in the district enjoyed very differing fortunes in their latest fixtures.

Colney Heath put themselves in the driving seat for the Beds & Herts Premier Division title by beating leaders Garston 4-0.

It means they are now just one point behind and have a game in hand, although one of their three remaining fixtures is the return match against Garston.

They opened the scoring quickly in Bushey, Molly Slade finding Holly Jury who scored after a one-two with Mia Simmonds on the edge of the box.

Lauren Croucher made some big saves to keep Colney in front before they doubled their lead on 35 minutes.

Slade was again involved in the build-up, this time setting Cally Salter in to score after a flawless first touch.

The Magpies kept up the momentum after the break too, creating numerous chances before bagging a third on the hour mark.

Sheree Oliver and Laura Gifford combined down the line before the latter pulled it back for Simmonds to score first time from the six-yard box.

Garston did have the chance to pull one back but hit the bar with a penalty and Colney wrapped things up with a fourth, a looping cross from Lacey Kavanagh-Blake headed home by Holly Rossington.

Aside from the league, Heath also have two finals to look forward to, the Chris Renshaw Cup against St Margaretsbury on May 5 and the rearranged Herts Charity against Stevenage Res on May 26.

Harpenden Town's promotion and title hopes took a hit when they lost 4-2 to Mulbarton Wanderers in the Eastern Region Division One North.

They have now played a game more than new leaders Dussindale & Hellesdon Rovers, who went top courtesy of goal difference.

The loss came despite Harps racing into a 2-0 lead. 

Belle Shannon had already hit the crossbar when a long kick from keeper Sophie Harris sent Sophia Amanor clear to score.

The second arrived shortly after, Shannon this time lashing it home from 25 yards, and at that point it seemed as if it would be one-way traffic.

But before half-time they got caught waiting for an offside flag, Rebekah Lake pulling one back for the hosts, and within a few seconds of the second half, Lake pulled Mulbarton level.

Worse was to follow almost immediately as Lake completed her hat-trick and then Alanta Griffith made it three goals in five minutes to leave Harps stunned and Mulbarton 4-2 ahead.

Rebecca McShane brushed the outside of the post with one shot while Amanor had a shot saved.

The top scorer also put one inches past the post but there was to be no comeback and only more frustration as Harris had to go off near the end.

There was better news though for the U23s who thumped Wootton Blue Cross Res 12-1 in Beds & Herts Division One.

Switched to Rothamsted Park as the Wootton pitch was unavailable, Harps ran riot scoring five in the first half.

Four players shared the 12 goals with Emily McMillian and Rose Bolchat each getting four.

Chloe Underwood had to settle for a mere hat-trick in comparison while Sasha Chester got the other.

Molly Johnson was among those getting an assist.

That leaves them second with one game remaining, at home to Berkhamsted on Sunday.

St Albans City have been fighting relegation from Eastern Region Premier Division all season but look to have saved themselves with a 6-0 win over basement side King's Lynn Town.

Kelly Hancock, Becky Shepherd, Holly Thornton, Keira Ward, Scarlett Robb and Summer Small got the goals to leave them seven points above AFC Dunstable and the bottom two.