Harpenden Town saw their hopes of reaching the Women's Senior Cup final evaporate at Royston Town.

The match was being replayed after the initial meeting, one week earlier, had been abandoned in the final minutes due to a serious injury to a Royston player.

The score was 2-2 then, with the match heading to penalties.

However, there never looked liked being any other outcome that a home win in the second meeting, with the Crows running out 4-0 winners.

Emma Slater got both goals in the first half for Royston and they also hit the woodwork twice as well, Emily Smith the crossbar and Slater the post.

Iva Hrisimova made a goal-line clearance while Rebecca McShane and Natalie Cloy were off target with efforts for Harps.

The visitors had a Sophia Amanor shot early in the second half deflected behind and Amanor and Kacee Warren were denied by good blocks from Anne Georgiou.

Nicole Hendrick became the third Royston player stopped by the frame of the goal before they wrapped things up with a brace for Poppy Smith.


Harpenden's U23s  won 2-1 away to league leaders Flitwick Eagles in Beds & Herts Division One.

This was the first defeat the hosts had been handed all season and moves the Harpenden side up to second.

Savanna Plavecz got the first on 14 minutes before Chloe Underwood added a second 15 minutes later.

A second-half strike for Flitwick proved a mere consolation.

Colney Heath roared into the semi-final of the Beds & Herts Women's League Chris Renshaw Cup.

They won 10-1 away to Bedford Res with five different scorers.

Holy Jury got three and there were doubles for Mia Simmonds, Jael Muzzi and Amy Phillips.

Abbey Williams completed the rout.

St Albans City meanwhile lost 5-0 at Haringey Borough in the Eastern Region Premier Division.

There were only three games for St Albans Primary Schools this week.

The Yellows travelled to Birmingham with just nine players to play a first ever representative fixture against North Shropshire.

They still showed great heart and commitment though to claim the victory, Sam Hodgkinson and Evan Tolley scoring in the 2-1 success.

The girls lost by the same score though at home to a very strong Newbury side in the Southern Counties League.

Going two down against a side who are one of the favourites for the league meant it was an uphill task to claw back the result.

They did try though and got one back from Olivia Carr, scoring after a corner.

However, despite laying siege to the Newbury goal, they just failed to find the equaliser.

They had better fortune a day later when they returned from a London League fixture against Hackney with a 1-1 draw.

A bright start saw Carr get her second of the weekend and they continued to probe for a second before Hackney levelled against the run of play.

The second half was end to end as both teams went looking for the win.

Each had several chances and there was plenty of last ditch defending and scrambles in both penalty areas.

The final whistle though brought smiles as Saints guaranteed qualification to the Super Sixes.